Table of Contents
- High-quality backpack with the stitching for heavy duty use
- Water-repellent coating
- #10 and #8 YKK nylon zippers
- Large capacity
- A lot of pockets and compartments
- MOLLE/TacTec webbing system
- Can be used in all seasons
- It is not very cheap
- The bel doesn’t include vertical adjustments
- It is not as light as other models
If you are into camping, serious hiking or a survivalist, then a good-quality backpack is the most important thing you cannot do without. There is no shortage of assault and military bags online, but with years of experience, we can assure you that these products are all different. And it is until you are knee-deep in the catastrophe that you realize that purchasing the not so expensive, cheaper model was not a good idea.
So, you need to be careful when you are buying the right one. And let’s be honest, researching and purchasing gear for our hobbies is all part of the fun, it is never a chore. While they all have the same purpose, the capabilities and features of these backpacks vary.
We have used a lot of survival gear and bags, and in our opinion, one of the best on the market today is 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 backpack. In this article, we will explain why we think that, and everything you need to know about its usability and features.
So, if you want to know more about this model, all you have to do is read our 5.11. tactical rush 72 backpack review and learn more about it.
The brand is impressive, founded by the professional mountain climber Royal Robbins. This particular bag focuses on quality products that are frequently used by first responders, and military personnel. It is rugged, versatile and made to be a full-featured 72-hour tactical pack.
You should be able to pack all of your things that you will need for the operation or outdoor adventure, that includes essential gear, clothes, water, and food. It comes with some fantastic feature, and it looks pretty cool. With great internal organizational pockets and a large one, you will be able to store all of your stuff with easy access. The 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 backpack also includes strategic pockets that will keep different gear well organized.
This model is durable and rugged but still is capable of being a useful backpack in situations with a lot of accessibility and storage. Thanks to its webbing system, MOLLE/TacTec, adding accessories will be extremely convenient when you are going on a longer journey. The pack is also perfect as an operational bug out bag and for recreational use.
Depending on your personal preference you can purchase it in seven different colors. The need for a high-quality bag is rising. Although its main usage comes from military and medical personnel, and law enforcement, it is becoming more popular among hikers and campers too.
The 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 is made of 1050D nylon and coat with PUx2, which means it is water resistant. This fantastic material makes this backpack one of the most durable bags in its range. Some of its features are:
- Available in different colors – Black, Sandstone, Dark Earth, Double Tap, Multicam, OD, and Storm.
- Made with water repellent 1000D Nylon
- Includes #10 and #8 YKK nylon zippers. They are made specifically for heavy-duty use and are self-repairing. It won’t get damaged, and it is flexible.
- All colors include TAC OD (olive) and como shades.
- Provides admin organization pocket for storing documents, pens, and maps.
- Front Pocket measures 15.5 H x 11.5 L x 2 D inches
- The main Compartment measures 23 H x 13.5 L x 8.5 D inches
- Hydration Pocket 21 x 13.5 inches
- Left and Right Pockets measure 16.5 H x 6 L x 1.75 D inches
- Pocket bags and pocket flaps’ insides are coated with 210D118T PUx2, so they will remain dry whatever you store in them.
- Large bag with 55 Liter capacity.
- It also has 4 compression straps, including 2 on each side.
STRUCTURE AND DESIGN
This model is large and has different compartments and pockets where you can store all your gear, clothes, food and water. It is suitable for law-enforcement officers, military personnel, firefighters, campers, and survivalists and meant for 72-hour use in harsh terrain.
The shoulder straps have the oval design that encompasses the shoulder and neck areas. The middle section is attached to them and curved. All of these straps are along each side of the backpack which distributes the weight across your shoulders and back. When you are carrying the bag, you need to make sure you are correctly doing that.
Needless to say, the shoulder straps include clips, so you can quickly adjust the pack according to your physique and height. For convenient lifting of this bag, you will find the Grab and Go handle at the top. As for the hydration storage, there are foam pads that provide a cushion against your back. And being comfortable is essential when you are going on an outdoor adventure.
- You can store a lot of things in the shove-it pockets.
- Include straps or fasteners for additional security.
- It weighs five pounds which means that it won’t slow you down in some situations.
- For excellent durability, it includes single stitching and doubled-back edge. Along the stress areas, it has bar stack.
- The backpack distributes the weight adequately thanks to the combination of shoulder straps and a yoke system.
- It has built-in flag holders and name tape.
- The water-repellent coating will protect your maps, papers, documents and other stuff.
- You can turn it into a small backpack when you remove one of the packs.
Many customers and we think pretty highly of this fantastic backpack. If you want a tactical bag with ample storage, durability and multiple uses, this is the perfect choice for you. The fact that so many first responders and military personnel rely on this model makes it an excellent option. So, if you are looking for one of the best packs on the market, you have found the right one.